About the Program
Tracks, Speakers, Session Types and Planning Your Schedule
Our comprehensive program is designed to give you a full range HR education, from the basics that every HR professional needs to the innovative ideas that are changing how you work. No matter where you are in your career, there is something for you.
You’ll hear directly from internationally renowned speakers on the most pressing and emerging HR topics. Ten robust program tracks are sure to help you shape your workplace—and the world:
- Compensation & Benefits—Explore topics such as health care, pay equity, sustainable wellness programs and more to keep your comp and ben offerings competitive.
- Culture—Learn how to support and improve the culture in your workplace, and take on a leadership role in building a workplace culture that works for all
- Employment Law & Regulations—Help protect your organization from liability by staying current with workplace laws, legislation and HR policy.
- Global HR—Get a comprehensive look at the current and emerging global business trends HR practitioners need to know.
- HR Department of One—Add to your toolbox expert tips and resources to excel in balancing strategic planning with day-to-day tactical duties.
- HR Technology—Deepen your understanding of how technology trends such as data integrity and artificial intelligence are impacting the workplace.
- Inclusion & Diversity—Take away best practices for building and maintaining an inclusive workforce that thrives together.
- Leadership & Personal Growth—Discover new ways to bridge the gap between manager and leader—and grow personally.
- Organizational Effectiveness & Strategic Planning— Level up your skills to understand your organization’s business objectives and the role HR can play in strategic planning.
- Talent Management— Glean insights for finding and keeping the right talent by delving into various aspects of the employee lifecycle.
Our dynamic speakers include practitioners, published authors, and thought leaders with deep knowledge and expertise of today’s critical employment and workforce issues.
Get ready for a variety of education formats that are sure to meet your learning style and preferences! Whether you favor condensed, 18-minute rapid-fire sessions in the Smart Stage, or you can’t wait to hear from thought leaders who present the Change-Maker sessions – we want to help you find your match:
Mega Sessions & Concurrent Sessions
Classroom-style learning experiences where you can expect a larger room and crowd for mega sessions. Enjoy more personal customization by selecting from a wide variety of topics during each time slot to help you focus on the issues and areas that are most relevant to your needs.
General Sessions on the Main Stage
Our keynote speakers are leaders in their industries. Their stories will inspire you to think outside the box and widen your perspectives. You’ll leave general sessions feeling energized and motivated.
These sessions feature influential business and industry leaders will give you a look behind the curtain at the innerworkings of HR strategies from the brands you know and love such as Airbnb, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and more. Glean bold ideas to keep you ahead of the curve. You’ll leave feeling inspired by innovative thinking and ready to apply actionable insights to your daily work.
If you prefer shorter sessions, check out the Smart Stage! These sessions provide relevant, topical information in concise, 18-minute segments. Topics range from tips to navigate the conference, onboarding and employee recognition to leadership and personal development strategies and much more.
Planning Your Schedule
You can add sessions to ‘MY SCHEDULE’ by clicking ‘ADD TO MY SCHEDULE’. The sessions you add to MY SCHEDULE on annual.shrm.org with automatically sync with your schedule in the app when it goes live.
As you plan your schedule, keep in mind that sessions are first-come, first-serve. While you do not need to register for sessions ahead of time (unless otherwise noted), we recommend you arrive early to ensure you get a seat. Have a backup session for each timeframe in case a session fills up.
Adding a session to ‘MY SCHEDULE’ does not register you for the conference. You must register for the conference in order to gain access to the sessions. Additionally, the preconference offerings are not included in the registration fee, you must add that to your registration for an additional fee.