Find A Session
*Thi program requires preregistration. Additional fees apply.
Gain the foundational knowledge needed to begin your journey in the field of human resources. Explore each of the five key HR functions by discussing the roles and responsibilities of an HR generalist, the latest trends, useful metrics, and applicable federal laws and legal issues. Engage in dynamic group discussions and hands-on activities facilitated by a leading HR expert. Use this program as a networking opportunity and to propel your HR career in the right direction.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Enhance your understanding of the roles, responsibilties, and general competencies of an HR generalist.
- Describe the five key HR functions (staffing, compensation, benefits, training and development, and employee relations).
- Describe current trends and development in each of the five key HR functions.
- Assess your organization in comparison to best practices in each of the HR functions.
- Apply metrics for each of the HR functions.
- Identify applicable laws and what managers/employees need to know.
- Develop specific actions in each of the HR functions.