Find A Session
If you think negotiating skills are only for salespeople, think again! True, negotiation is often linked to sales, but that limited perspective ignores the fact that negotiation pervades all aspects of your work and your life. Trying to increase your company's productivity? Considering expanding product lines (and therefore people)? Leading a team of co-workers to increase your company's engagement level or turn around a corporate culture free fall? Pitching a new process to an internal senior leader? In all of these scenarios, you'll have to negotiate to succeed. A successful negotiation isn't about getting what you want at all costs. Rather, it's about engaging in a give-and-take with someone whose goals and agenda differ from yours, striving to reach a compromise that's satisfactory to everyone involved. This interactive workshop will give you tools to negotiate with the toughest CEO, vendor or employee. You will learn:
- Eight critical success factors you must evaluate from both sides’ perspective before walking in to a negotiation: goals, trade-offs, alternatives, relationships, expected outcomes and the consequences, balance of power, and evaluating win-win solutions.
- How to develop confidence and keep your emotions in check during a negotiation.
- How to set the stage for success and stay on track when parties start to filibuster.
- How to use practice negotiations that really prepare you for center stage.
- Five negotiation styles and when to employ (and avoid) each: Avoid, Accommodate, Force, Compromise and Collaborate.