Find A Session
Generational diversity issues in the workplace have never been more pressing, nor have they been more complex. The last of the pre-Baby Boomers are waning. The Boomers are now the grey haired elders, will steadily exit the workforce taking with them decades of wisdom, knowledge and expertise. You will learn about dozens of immediately actionable best practices in a step-by-step guide through the four generations working side by side in today's workplace. This session will help you:
- Use generational diversity as a lens through which to understand the changing workplace and workforce, and the future.
- Appreciate the attitudes and behaviors of those of other generations.
- Make adjustments in attitude and behavior in order to communicate and work more effectively with those of other generations.
- Focus on common ground and build mutually supportive relationships with individuals of all generations.
- Evaluate the generation mix in your team and your organization and plan for the human capital management issues facing you and your organization as a result of generational diversity: Will you face a talent drain among your aging workforce? What can you do to help implement a flexible retention program to stem the tide? How can you contribute to the knowledge transfer process? What are you doing to improve recruiting, training, development, supervision, self-management, rewards, and retention among the best workers of every generation?