Find A Session
To avoid bad hiring decisions, employers are utilizing pre-employment background screening as a risk management tool. However, background checks are increasingly subject to litigation including class actions, legislation and regulation. You need a strategy to comply with your due diligence obligations, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), allegations of discrimination and the “Ban the Box” laws. This session will audit key areas of legal compliance to help you hire the best while avoiding legal fallout. You will:
- Learn how the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and similar state laws impact hiring.
- Understand the impact of the EEOC Guidance and “Ban the Box” on the use of criminal records.
- Review the elements and defenses to negligent hiring lawsuits.
- Understand the current explosion in class action lawsuits related to background checks.
- Learn how to audit your current practices for legal compliance and best practices.