Find A Session
Recent developments in the ADA have caused some to call it an “inadvertent leave law,” leaving HR with a number of bewildering questions. What short-term health issues qualify as a disability? Which employees need accommodation? How do you decide what's reasonable? One misstep can draw the attention of the EEOC, exposing your organization to a class case. This session will discuss what the commission considers red flags, as well as how to stay compliant with the act. You will learn how to:
- Create a flexible policy that allows for individualized ADA analysis.
- Identify all situations that could trigger the need for an ADA accommodation.
- Ensure managers fully engage in the interactive process of accommodating employees.
- Interpret what reasonable accommodation means.
- Effectively get employees back to work.