Find A Session
This session will examine best practices concerning workplace violence prevention. Behavioral, legal, and managerial considerations will be examined, with a specific emphasis on the role of HR within the Workplace Violence Prevention Team structure. Laws and policies concerning social media monitoring, recent disability law developments concerning troubled employees, and the termination of dangerous individuals will be reviewed. You will learn:
- Composition and training of a workplace violence prevention team led by a human resources professional.
- Understanding behavioral warning signs and escalating risk factors, including the nexus between bullying and violence.
- Disability law and accommodation of the troubled employee.
- Key considerations in separating the threatening employee safely and legally.
- Legal issues concerning social media monitoring of threatening individuals.