Find A Session
Managing projects can be challenging, especially if they span multiple divisions, time zones and countries. From global outsourcing to workplace analytics to leading company-wide change management initiatives, you have the unique opportunity to spearhead projects that can directly impact your company's bottom line. To do so requires your project management skills to be in peak performance and constantly at the ready. This interactive workshop will prepare you to lead by providing in-depth, step-by-step instructions and tools to plan for success, manage and execute projects big or small, deliver results all while meeting budget and schedule deadlines. You will learn:
- The essentials of Project Management: In-depth analysis of pre-project planning; identifying goals, deliverables and requirements (even while constantly shifting); creating a work breakdown structure illustrating what needs to be accomplished, in what order and by when; developing comprehensive time and costs estimates that fit within your organization's financial objectives; and targeting your messages to influence key stakeholders and gain their support for your project.
- How to define deliverables in financial terms your senior leaders care about (and will actually pay attention to).
- How to develope metrics to determine the best employees to include on your project team including how to organize and inventory skills, knowledge, personality and previous experience to meet the goals defined in your project scope document.
- How to conduct comprehensive risk probability vs. impact analysis to determine the likeliest causes for your project to become derailed and how to plan for and overcome those challenges (and any subsequent delays to your project).
- Easy-to-implement project management tools to help you plan for and manage your project including Gap and SWOT analyses, Fishbone (Cause & Effect) diagrams, Goal Breakdown Structure diagram, RACI matrix and several types of Gantt charts.
- Potential software tools that can help you get organized and track your project including Microsoft Project and/or Excel, Mind-Mapping software, SharePoint, Smartsheet and Basecamp to name a few.