Find A Session
If you think negotiating skills are only for sales people, think again! Every single relationship in your work life entails some negotiation. True, it's often linked to sales (or business), but that limited perspective ignores the fact that negotiation pervades all aspects of the senior HR professional's life. Trying to increase your company's productivity levels? Considering expanding product lines (and therefore people)? Buying a competitor (or being acquired)? Leading a team of co-workers to increase company-wide employee engagement? Attempting to get the best deal from your new benefits provider? Asking for your own well-deserved promotion? In all of these situations, you'll have to negotiate to succeed. A successful negotiation isn't about getting what you want at all costs. Rather, it's about engaging in a listen-and-learn discussion to understand the goals and objectives of the other party, then finding a win-win scenario where everyone benefits. This workshop takes the mystery out of a negotiation by creating a step-by-step process for creating a win-win scenario for all parties involved. You will learn:
- Eight critical success factors you must evaluate from both sides’ perspective before walking in to a negotiation: goals, trade-offs, alternatives, relationships, expected outcomes and the consequences, balance of power, and evaluating win-win solutions.
- How to develop confidence and keep your emotions in check during a negotiation, even if the other side gets personal or nasty.
- How to set the stage for success and stay on track when parties start to filibuster.
- How to use practice negotiations that really prepare you for center stage.
- Five negotiation styles and when to employ (and avoid) each: Avoid, Accommodate, Force, Compromise and Collaborate.