Find A Session
Based on feedback from SHRM members, this workshop has been designed to allow HR practitioners, who are involved in your organizations technology systems –in the selection process and/or in the actual utilization of the technology, to come together and learn from peer-led discussions. Attendance is limited to HR Generalists with HR technology responsibilities from small to medium size organizations with 5,000 employees or less.
Facilitated discussions will help you share your insights and experiences with specific HR technologies on payroll, HRIS systems, talent acquisition systems and performance management systems. You will leave the session with specific workarounds, strategies that your peers have successfully used, as well as practical tips and techniques to working with vendors and consultants. This process of choice and decision-making should not be underestimated in the least because a wrong/poor choice leads to poor credibility for HR in your organization. As a result of peer-led discussions, you will learn:
- Which vendor’s user conferences have been beneficial helpful from those who have actually attended.
- Which vendors provide the best customer service and best technology user support.
- Questions you need to ask of your internal teams (i.e. IT) to ensure you are asking the right questions of potential vendors.
- The advantages and disadvantages of a cloud-based HR technology system.
- How to make the case for technology investments.
- How to start the process of determining which analytics are appropriate to demonstrate the value your organization receives from any technology.