Find A Session
*This program requires preregistration. Additional fees apply.
Human Resources incorporates a number of interrelated job functions with a primary mission of recruiting, selecting, and retaining qualified employees who will assist the organization in achieving its goals and objectives. In this course, you will gain the foundational knowledge necessary to help your organization reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, planning to make a career change into an HR position, or performing HR duties as a part of a non-HR job. Recently updated content reflects changes in legislation and provides an overview of HR roles and responsibilities.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Increase your foundational knowledge of HR practices
- Recognize the importance of aligning HR goals with organizational goals
- Understand the talent acquisition process to help avoid legal pitfalls
- Gain information on compensation benefits offerings, as well as why communicating this information to employees is important
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, and other professional development programs
- Explain the process, methods and purpose of performance evaluations
- Identify key pieces of federal legislation that impact HR, including anti-discrimination laws