Find A Session
This session will provide a high-level understanding of I-9 documentation and E-verification used when hiring foreign nationals. You will leave with helpful tips and tools on how to successfully complete I-9 forms including common mistakes made. We will review a wide variety of interesting I-9 fact patterns and scenarios, that we have seen firsthand in auditing I-9 files for clients, or have been shared with us as hypotheticals by SHRM members. Additionally, you will learn about compliance with relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations, including I-9 and e-Verify rules, and avoiding immigration-related discrimination. You will be provided tools you can use to enhance compliance and useful tips for implementing I-9 and E-verify policies. This session will provideyou with:
- An understanding of the ICE enforcement strategies and recent trends.
- Knowledge of the I-9 employment verification process and best practices.
- Tips to successfully complete I-9 forms including a review of common mistakes.
- Ways to avoid immigration-related discrimination.
- An understanding of E-verify and how it works.