Find A Session
This training session is designed for companies headquartered outside of California with in-state operations, and for those just entering the California HR arena. We'll visit some of California's complex and often confusing employment laws, including danger zones where HR professionals need to be savvy. We’ll exercise your brain and tone your HR muscles so that you’re able to recognize issues that can present risks to your organization in California.
- Key elements of California wage and hour law: timekeeping, meal and rest periods, make-up time, final wages, etc.
- Exempt and non-exempt employee classifications, and how California's rules differ from federal guidelines.
- Leave administration: California's unique laws, pregnancy disability leave, California Family Rights Act, bone marrow/organ donation, military spousal leave, children's school leave, etc.
- Harassment and discrimination: a primer on California's protected categories and unique procedures for handling complaints.
- Employee benefits regulations: vacation, sick, paid time off, kin care, etc.