Find A Session
The opioid crisis affects every aspect of American society, and the workplace is no exception. In examining the impact of the crisis on employers, this session provides a history of the crisis, identifies the clinical issues associated with opioid use, goes over the nuts and bolts of addiction treatment, and discusses the related legal issues that arise , such as drug testing, reasonable accommodations, leave and termination.
- The signs of significant opioid usage and how such usage can affect an employee in the workplace.
- Determining whether opioid usage affects an employee's ability to perform a specific job.
- How addiction treatment works and what role an employer should play in the process.
- Issues that arise from having to accommodate an employee's opioid usage under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- How opioid usage fits into an employer's drug testing regime.