Find A Session
California can be a scary place for employers not based in the state. The author of the SHRM-published book California Employment Law: An Employer's Guide covers the unique aspects of California employment law that out-of-state employers must be aware of.
- How California's “ban the box” laws affect the hiring process.
- Special rules for paying commissioned and piece-rate employees; pay stub rules; deadlines for final paychecks.
- Paid sick leave laws; rules for meal rest breaks; overtime.
- Mandatory harassment prevention training.
- The extent to which covenants not to compete are enforceable in California.