Most succession plans are irrelevant to today’s business challenges. Disruptions to business models, demographic shifts, automation and economic volatility have changed leadership requirements for organizations, yet there is little practical discussion about how to retool succession planning and leadership development practices to meet evolving future needs. This workshop takes a strategic look at the competencies and roles necessary to lead organizations of the future and presents a practical guide to building an effective succession planning practice in your organization. You will utilize hands-on guides and interact with the instructor, a thought leader in the field of talent management, and peers to map out and apply the best succession planning practices for your organization. You will be grouped by industry, organization type and size to share common problems and discuss meaningful solutions to the unique challenges you face. This is a working session full of real-world examples and thoughtful frameworks to achieve results.
- Learn the seven trends disrupting traditional succession planning models and leadership competencies.
- Gain successful strategies for building and promoting the business case for succession planning in your organization.
- Obtain the key components of an effective succession planning program and pitfalls to avoid.
- Gain a framework for identifying critical roles to include in succession planning.
- Learn five steps for retooling succession planning and leadership development for simplicity and success.