As we assume new responsibilities that come with our new leadership roles, one of the most magical discoveries is when we learn how to effectively empower and build up our direct reports. This requires openness to new ideas, a desire to support the professional growth of our peers and effective communication skills. Whether working with their highest performers or the ones with the most room for growth, smart leaders are constantly contemplating how to motivate and influence their teams to succeed. So often we rely on external rewards yet these can only work for so long. The people and projects we lead require different motivation styles, especially as we begin to empower others to take on new challenges and responsibilities. In this session, you'll learn the building blocks of successful communication to enhance individual and team efficacy.
- Discover the three types of motivation.
- Determine specific strategies to create an environment where intrinsic motivation is especially high.
- Reflect on current leadership practices, and apply new theories to enhance personal leadership.
- Establish a stronger community of like-minded individuals and rising thought leaders.
- Develop an action plan to implement key lessons into project leadership.