Find A Session
This training session is designed for companies headquartered outside of California with in-state operations and for those just entering the California HR arena. We'll visit some of California's complex and often confusing employment laws, including danger zones where HR professionals nee d to be savvy. We’ll exercise your brain and tone your HR muscles so that you’re able to recognize issues that can present risks to your organization in California.
- Key elements of California wage and hour law: timekeeping, meal and rest periods, make-up time, final wages, etc.
- Exempt and nonexempt employee classifications and how California's rules differ from federal guidelines.
- Leave administration: California's unique laws, pregnancy disability leave, California Family Rights Act, bone marrow/organ donation, military spousal leave and children's school leave, etc.
- Harassment and discrimination: a primer on California's protected categories and unique procedures for handling complaints.
- Employee benefits regulations: vacation, sick, paid time off and kin care, etc.