Today’s workplace requires a commitment to creating and sustaining a healthy, inclusive and equitable culture. Organizational leaders, particularly HR leaders, play a key role in reaching this goal. In this session we explore innovative ways to have a drama-free and healthy workplace environment. We address details about:
- The litigation-avoidance paradox: How to unshackle your company from the grip of irrational fear since taking steps in a singular effort to avoid lawsuits, paradoxically, actually invites employees to head to the nearest courthouse.
- How to anticipate drama-producing events and properly prepare for them to minimize the likelihood that they will lead to workplace drama.
- The ways in which we can implement lessons learned from a culture of safety – one that authentically focuses on working together to prevent workplace accidents and injuries – into the world of workplace conduct.
- Take lessons from safety principles and apply them to issues related to workplace strife to create: a culture of truth-telling (encouraging reports of misconduct); a culture of curiosity (establishing a system to conduct fair and thorough investigations); and a culture of fairness (resolving disputes in ways that are actually fair, and will be perceived as fair).
- Learn how focusing on tested and proven methods to increase inclusion, belonging and equity leads to a healthy and drama-free culture at work.
- Learn how to make courageous workplace decisions rather than decisions based on a fear of getting sued.