The concept of personal branding may seem like a catchphrase being thrown around by authors and self-help gurus, however the concept isn't new. You already have a personal brand - whether you know it or not. Your personal brand is more than your reputation. It's a value proposition that helps companies evaluate whether or not to recruit, hire, develop and retain you - and also whether or not people want to work with you, or at your company. Your personal brand is an important aspect of your career, and impacts everything from future career aspirations to your existing compensation opportunities. Once you understand what drives you, as well as the qualities and skill-sets that are unique to you, you can effectively manage your brand and communicate your best attributes to the constituencies that matter.
- Understand what is included in your personal brand, what isn't, and why it matters.
- Discover how personal branding relates to managing and growing your career.
- Create your own personal brand statement, and understand how to use it.
- Incorporate your "whole self" into your personal brand to create personal and professional opportunities.
- Develop an Action Plan for effectively communicating and promoting your personal brand.