New, more robust equal pay laws are sweeping the country and beyond. So too are pay discrimination class actions, exposing employers (large and small) to potential legal liability, negative publicity, and decreased employee morale. At the same time, employees, shareholders, and government organizations are demanding more transparency around pay practices. In this session, a labor economist and an employment law attorney with different perspectives within the equal pay field cover the basics of conducting an internal pay analysis and provide considerations for remediating pay disparities.
- Deepen your understanding of self-critical compensation audits.
- Understand how existing pay practices may lead to and/or exacerbate pay disparities and hear case studies that illustrate that short-term decisions have long-term consequences.
- Recognize the implications of compensation and HR decisions on class-wide and individual litigation to better partner with internal and external legal counsel and business leaders.
- Evaluate the various methods to remediate pay differences to limit the risk of subsequent litigation.
- Learn best practices to establish and maintain defensible pay practices.