HR has a reputation for being reclusive information hoarders and the department of "No." To effectively engage organizational goals and initiatives as a strategic business partner, we must master the "art of collaboration." HR business partners must learn how to effectively share knowledge, data and resources to better leverage internal relationships to earn trust and credibility. Real collaboration highlights HR as a strategic resource, allowing us to change old perceptions. In this session, Tina Marie Wohlfield shares insight and lessons learned from "the HR trenches" on how leveraging the ability to listen and collaborate with internal business partners can result in trust and credibility as a strategic HR business partner. You will learn techniques on how to better engage internal stakeholders through active listening, organization/business acumen and as a collaborator in practical and effective business solutions.
- Identify areas where HR can enhance internal/external relationships through collaboration.
- Review effective communication techniques including:
- Effective information sharing techniques to overcome the "Information Hoarder" effect and "Analysis Paralysis".
- Proactive vs Reactive HR engagement - The transition from the "Department of No" to "Strategic Business Partner".
- Influential Leadership and the art of collaboration.
- Identify ways to leverage business/industry acumen to establish/enhance internal and external relationships.