Leadership styles and traits of leaders in Asian family businesses are heavily influenced by diverse sets of cultures and values across different countries in the Asia region. There is no single 'Asian' model when it comes to leading a family business in Asia. Many family businesses across Asia are facing the disruption of digital business models and leadership succession challenges while upholding the core values of founders. In the wake of external and internal challenges, should family businesses perpetuate the legacies of the past or should they strive for strategic renewal? What are the leadership lessons from great family business? In this session, the speakers share a blend of research-based findings as well as common observations made of Asian business leaders to provide non-Asian HR Business Partners an opportunity to compare and contrast with the Western leadership styles and traits. Attendees will gain valuable takeaways on how to be more effective in business partnering with Asian business leaders.
- Learn about Asian cultures and values.
- Learn about the characteristics of Asian family-owned businesses.
- Understand the impact on leadership styles and traits of leaders in these businesses
- Explore common observations and challenges for HR.
- Learn tips for Non-Asian HR Business Partners to be more effective in partnering with these leaders.