Having employees in California can be a scary prospect for employers not familiar with all of the quirks of California employment law. This session covers some key aspects of California employment law that make it unique including wage and hour law, meal and rest break requirements, harassment training requirements, leave laws, employee privacy, and limitations on restrictive covenants.
- Understand California's overtime laws.
- Become familiar with California's meal and rest break requirements.
- Know the requirements for training managers and employees about harassment.
- Learn California's unique leave laws such as for new parents and paid sick leave.
- Know how to apply California's constitutional right to privacy.